Eve’s Interview Tips for 2020:
Even when you have gone on more interviews than you can count, job interviewing never seems to get any easier. With each job interview, you are meeting new people, selling yourself and your skills. It is important to stay upbeat, enthusiastic and hopeful during the process. Below are a few tips to put in preparation for an interview:
- Review the ad and job description- Familiarize yourself with your CV, cover letter and notes.
- Be ready to talk about your knowledge, skills and abilities in context of the vacancy.
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses
- Review examples of questions you may asked and how you would respond as well as provide examples. Be ready for scenario questions with at least three points to provide for yourself that you can relate to the job offer.
- Develop a connection with the interviewer- get to know the name and use it during the interview
- Research the company- Vision and objectives as well as social media platform
- Research your salary in relation to the job and current market value
- Prepare your own questions to ask about the company
- Dress professionally and ready for the role
- Be on time and make the necessary arrangements to do so (this means be early).